Friday, March 20, 2009

THE HISTORY PROJECT

THE HISTORY PROJECT

SCENE 1

Once upon a future, our “future teens” are in anxiety because of their “History Project” about the life in Türkiye in the past.
Let’s watch and see how they will overcome the barriers of the research about the past. The adventurous days are waiting for Ayşe ,Alexandras,Lisa and Jonas.

AYŞE & ALEXANDRAS are coming into the stage together. AYŞE is listening to her ipod and ALEXANDRAS is looking around to find their friends.

They are sitting on the bank to wait. AYŞE is still listening to the music.




LISA: Hi guys ! I’m here, Where are the others?
ALEXANDRAS: I’m here as you see, LISA
LISA: AYŞE, you and me. Where is JONAS?
JONAS: Project – History – Project! I am gonna be crazy. How can we do that?
AYŞE: We are in trouble, right?!! The Project should be a presentation about past.The culture of Türkiye in the past.
LISA: Ohh ! Where is Türkiye?
ALEXANDRAS: It is on the Asian region.Last year ,we flew there for a summer holiday by a spaceship with my parents.
AYŞE: I am thinking about my relatives in Türkiye. Maybe I can ask them to inform me about their past but it takes time.I wish ,we had a time machine (dreaming about it)
LISA: Everything can be easier if there is... (dreaming about it)
JONAS: Yeah! You are kidding I know -but maybe someone of us would have a time machine.
LISA: Who is this?
AYŞE: Tell us JONAS who? Who is this?
JONAS: Listen! My father has a time machine but he doesn’t let us even to touch it.
AYŞE & ALEXANDRAS & LISA: Really??? (shocked)
JONAS: Yeah!
ALEXANDRAS: How can we use it? Where is it now?
JONAS: If you promise to be silent ,we can go and take it from the saloon.The dream will become true in my room tonight. I planned every detail, but I can’t say anything now. It is time to go to TURKIYE’s past tonight, OK?
AYŞE: OK! I’ll come to you with my new 2100 model scooter.
ALEXANDRAS: Ok! At 12 o’clock. See you later!
JONAS: Waiting for you tonight!!!
LISA: OK! Bye!



2nd SCENE

( In Jonas’s house, all of them are looking at the time machine.They are calling it as a ‘’TIME SPEED’)
Ayşe:Where is your time machine?
Jonas: Sssssssshhh! My mother is sleeping! (showing the machine to his friends)
All :Oh my god ! What a strange thing it is!!!
JONAS:Sssssssshh! Who wanna try it firstly?
LISA:JONAS,it is your machine,not mine,of course you’ll try it.
JONAS:OK! OK! Calm down! I’ll try it.
(JONAS is pushing the button.As pushing it,they are going into the ‘’TIME SPEED’’. Adventurous journey begins.)
(Falling into an old house in the past,somewhere in the past………)
JONAS:Where are we?
AYŞE:Oh my God !What date is it?
JONAS:I think,we are in 2009 .
(They are all searching the house,trying to understand where they are and which years they are exactly in.)
ALEXANDRAS: Yeah,we did it!!!
AYŞE:How can you understand it?
ALEXANDRAS:Look at this page! It says; we are in 2009.
LISA:Oh,nooo! What a strange house.I have never seen a house like that before!
JONAS:Heyy! Come here I’ve found something different.Look at the sky!
LISA:Ohhhh! What a dirty air it is!
AYŞE:Where are the trees?The green things?
JONAS:OK!This place is different from our world,our time.To understand better,let’s go around to search as groups.


SCENE 3


JONAS: Hey guys! I am sure that nobody could believe in me but I saw lots of interesting things that I have never seen before..
AYŞE: Yes, I saw lots of rubbish and dirt even in the sea! These are the reasons for pollution.
LISA: And I saw lots of burglars, thieves. They steal from other people because they need money and they are poor and unemployed.
ALEXANDRAS: I think, so many problems there are!...
AYŞE: yeap, unfortunately.
ALEXANDRAS: But, we have only talked about bad things. On the other hand, there are interesting and amazing things, also.
LISA: For example, I saw lots of things that I like. One of them is marvellous, I saw the Bosphorus of İstanbul. I have seen that excellent view of İstanbul from the bridge.
AYŞE: These are most wonderful palaces which I’ve never seen before! The buildings in our time are not like that, we have only skyscrapers.
JONAS: Which do you mean by ‘palaces’?
AYŞE: (Thinking) What was the name of these palaces, hmmm, yeap! I remember! Dolmabahçe and Topkapı Palace!
ALEXANDRAS: Good! I went to Kapalıçarşı. That place has the memorials of Seljuk and Ottoman Empire. There are a lot of nice things. If you saw, you couldn’t believe in your eyes. Have you ever seen Turkish hand made rugs?
LISA: No, not yet, what do you wanna say? What is a rug?
ALEXANDRAS: I also saw them. I know that rug. People in Turkiye are sewing those rugs. It is a wool cloth that covers the floor, is a handmade. People use these rugs to prevent themselves from cold in those times.
JONAS: I wish I would learn how to sew the rugs in an effective way! On the other hand, on TV, there is an amazing news about Turkiye. I heard that İstanbul will be the capital city of the culture all around the world in 2010.
ALEXANDRAS: It is an important point about the history of Turkiye. We can add these ones to our project!
LISA: I agree with you, but is there anything to do something different?
ALEXANDRAS: Why?
LISA: I got bored! There was a rush hour on the road, I’m gonna crazy about the traffic in this country.
AYŞE: I couldn’t get it! Why did you say that?
LISA: It is crowded! Like a disaster!
ALEXANDRAS: Besides that, there is an unbelievable air pollution.


SCENE 4


LISA:I think,we have learnt about the History project so , these points will be the most useful points for our project.
AYŞE:And our teacher will like it, I am sure.Our project will be the best ! Not only we wrote about the history but also we came here and we lived in the history.
JONAS:Yeah ! Of course.Because of our “TIME SPEED”!
ALEXANDRAS: That’s enough,boys and the girls.I got bored…
AYŞE: You are right. As soon as possible.Lets goto the future ! Come On !
JONAS: Okay, I am trying , I am trying , just a moment ,Oh my god !
LISA:Whats going on ! What is the problem?
JONAS: Oh my time speed ! Oh my car!
ALEXANDRAS: What ,what happened while you are in a time car?
JONAS: My “TIME SPEED” !
All:What happened to your time car?
JONAS:Oh I am so sorry but it isn’t working !

Written by the Turkish Comenius Team of
Özel Izmir Bilge Ata Okullari-Turkey

No comments: