Sunday, March 23, 2008

An L.A. story!

An L.A. story!!

Characters: Liz, Maya, Fernando, the teacher

Scene 1

Liz meets Maya at school. They talk about lots things.
LIZ: Hey Maya what’s up?
MAYA: Oh much, Wayne asked me for my number.
LIZ: Oh that’s fantastic, and what did you talk about with him?
MAYA: We didn´t talk not so much, but what we talked about was cool.
LIZ: Okay ,do you think he’s cool?
MAYA: Yes he’s cool and sweet and funny and…
LIZ: Nice, are you in love with him?
MAYA: No, I don´t know him so well. But maybe he can be my boyfriend.

Then the door of the classroom opens and their teacher Mr McCain comes in with a boy. The boy is called Fernando and he looks cool.

Liz whispesr to Maya

LIZ: Maya, look at this perfect person; do you know who this is?
MAYA: You’re right he’s heaven-sent.
LIZ: Okay then is he new at our school or not?
MR MCCAIN: Liz and Maya shut up!!! This is your new classmate, Fernando. He is new at our the school and in the city. Now he will tell us something about his life.
FERNADO: Hello my name is Fernando; I’m 15 years old and my parents have just moved to L.A because of their jobs. My hobbies are skateboarding, playing basketball and surfing. (He looks at Liz and says) And I like girls like you.
MR MCCAIN: Oh thank you Fernando. Now we know a lot about you.
LIZ: (whispering) He’s sexy and he looked at me when he said I like girls like you.
MAYA: Oh, no, he looked at me.
LIZ: No I know that he looked at me but we can ask him after this lesson.
MAYA: Liz you’re so sweet with your little girly dreams.
LIZ: That was not only a dream that was the real.
MR MCCAIN: Okay, girls and boys. Now be quiet and let´s start the lesson.





Scene 2

In the break.

LIZ: Hey Fernando!
FERNANDO: Oh hey Liz and you are….?
MAYA: Maya.
FERNANDO: Maya. Liz? Can I have your mobile phone number?
LIZ: Of course you can if I get your number, too.
MAYA: And what about me????
FERNANDO: Oh you, you can give me your number, too.
MAYA: Okay what are you doing this afternoon?
FERNANDO: Liz wants to show me the city.
MAYA: Maybe I can show you the city.
FERNANDO: Oh thank you but Liz will do it. I’m sorry. Okay I must go. Liz? See you later.

Fernando goes away.

MAYA: Why are you going to the city centre with him?
LIZ: He asked me and why not?
MAYA: Because I want to meet him, and sorry Liz I like you very much but I think I’m better than you.
LIZ: What? But he asked me and not you.
MAYA: Shut up! And I show you that he will become my boyfriend.

Maya goes away.




Scene 3:

Fernando waits for Liz on the bus stop. Then Liz came.



FERNANDO: Hey Liz, how are you?
LIZ: Hey, fine thanks and you?
FERNANDO: Now perfect because you’re here.
LIZ: Thank you, and now I’ll show you the city.
FERNANDO: Okay, than let’s go.
LIZ: What do you want to do?
FERNANDO: We can go shopping?
LIZ: Now? Really?
FERNANDO: Yes why not?
LIZ: Because boys don’t like shopping.
FERNANDO: But I like shopping.
LIZ: One question before we go.
FERNANDO: Okay ask me.
LIZ: Are you gay?
FERNANDO: Yes of course.
LIZ: WHAT?
FERNANDO: Oh, Liz, this was only a joke. Otherwise I wouldn´t be here with you.
LIZ: Okay, then let’s go.
FERNANDO: Okay, fine.

Fernando and Liz go away.






Scene 4:


Next morning. Fernando enters the classroom. He smiles at Liz.

FERNANDO: Hey Liz how are you this morning?
LIZ: Hey, oh fine and you?
FERNANDO: Tired because last night I couldn´t stop thinking of you.
LIZ: Thank you, but I think you are lying.
FERNANDO: No! I am not. It is true.
LIZ: Thank you for the flattery.
FERNANDO: What´s the next lesson?
LIZ: Arts. Why?
FERNANDO: Because I hate arts!


Liz restrains her laughter. Fernando begins to smile.


FERNANDO: Why are you smiling?
LIZ: I think you hate every lesson… just as Maya!
FERNANDO: Oh my god. I love arts…but I hate Maya!

Maya gest ugly. She goes to Fernando and hits him.


LIZ: Hey, are you silly?
MAYA: No but he insulted me.
FERNANDO: Can’t you take the truth?
MAYA: Why do you hate me???
FERNANDO: I still like you. But you are very cocky.
MAYA: No. It’s my style.
FERNANDO: So I don’t like your style.
MAYA: I don´t care.
FERNANDO: Well I don´t care either.
MAYA: Then have we something in common. Can I go now?
FERNANDO: Of course.



Maya walks away. Mr McCain comes in and the lesson begins.






Scene 5:


After school Fernando and Liz have a date.

FERNANDO: And what can we do today? I think we can take a walk because I must tell you something.
LIZ: That sounds like a good idea to me.
FERNANDO: Okay cool then let’s go.

While walking they see a bench and they sit down.

LIZ: What do you want to tell me?
FERNANDO: I can’t say it now. It must be a romantic moment…
LIZ: Why are you waiting for a romantic moment?
FERNANDO: Because it’s better.
LIZ: Better for what?
FERNANDO: Better to say… I love you.
LIZ: What?
FERNANDO: Better you forget what I said.
LIZ: Oh okay then it was just a dream….
FERNANDO: What was just a dream?
LIZ: That you said I love you.

Fernando kisses Liz.






Scene 6:

The next day at school. Fernando enters the clasrooms and kisses Liz. Maya sees it and becomes angry. She goes to Liz and hits her.

MAYA: And I thought you were my friend.
LIZ: Why are you thinking we aren’t friends?
MAYA: Because you take away my love.
FERNANDO: What, you love me, too?
LIZ: Sorry but I didn’t know this and now he is my…
FERNANDO: Boyfriend and she is my girlfriend.

Fernando and Liz kiss again. Maya seems very jealous.



Scene 7:

The next day Liz comes to school. She wants to go to Fernando but he sees her and goes away. In the classroom Liz comes to speak with him.

LIZ: Why did you go away?
FERNANDO: Because of Josh.
LIZ: What about Josh?
FERNANDO: You kissed him….
LIZ: Who told you this shit?
FERNANDO: The whole class is talking about this……
LIZ: But I didn´t kiss Josh and I would never kiss Josh because he’s ugly.
FERNANDO: But why is everyone talking about it?
LIZ: Maybe someone who’s angry with me or you told them these shit. But who?
BOTH: MAYA
Fernando: Liz I’m sorry.
LIZ: It’s okay but it´s better if you believe me
FERNANDO: I know. But I love you and I was so sad when I heard this shit.
LIZ: Oh Fernando I love you, too.

Fernando and Liz kiss


Scene 8:


Later Liz and Fernando see Maya. Liz wants to speak with Maya alone and so Fernando goes away.

LIZ: Maya, wait, please.
MAYA: Why should I wait for you?
LIZ: Because I want to speak with you about the shit you told our class.
MAYA: That wasn’t shit.
LIZ: This was a lie and lying is shit.
MAYA: I never lied ,okay?
LIZ: But why are you telling such things?
MAYA: Because it’s hurts me to see Fernando and you.
LIZ: Why didn´t you tell me?
MAYA: You weren´t interested.
LIZ: I’m your best-friend….
MAYA: False you were my best-friend.
LIZ: Why are you so angry?
MAYA: Because of Fernando.
LIZ: But I didn’t know that you love him.
MAYA: You’re right but I thought you had realised that.
LIZ: How can I realise that when you never speak with me about your feelings.
MAYA: I don’t know. Liz I think I’ve made a mistake.
LIZ: What mistake?
MAYA: Spreading these rumours. And that I doubted our friendship. Can you forgive me?
LIZ: I must think about it.
MAYA: Please I’ve really made a mistake and I don’t want to lose you. Because you were the Best friend that I have ever had.
LIZ: Sorry Maya but I really must think about it.
MAYA: Okay but I’m really sorry.
LIZ: I must go now, Fernando is waiting for me.

Liz goes away.






Scene 9:


Liz goes to Fernando and tells him what Maya said.

LIZ: Maya said she is sorry. And I don’t know if I can forgive her.
FERNANDO: Why can´t you forgive her??
LIZ: I don’t know. But I think she doesn´t really mean it.
FERNANDO: Try to find out.
LIZ: Okay, I´ll try.
Fernando: Well. What are we doing now?
LIZ: I don’t know.
Fernando: O, let´s go to the cinema.
LIZ: Okay. Which film?
FERNANDO: Saw 4???
LIZ: Okay, then let´s go.


Fernando and Liz go to the cinema. On the way to the cinema they see Maya.


LIZ: Maya wait.
MAYA: What is it, Liz?
LIZ: I have thought about it and I think I can forgive you.
MAYA: Really?
LIZ: Yes, or do you think I am joking?
MAYA: No… Oh I’m so happy.
LIZ: Oh not only you.

Liz and Maya hug.


MAYA: And where are you going now?
LIZ: To the cinema. With Fernando. Would you like to come with us?
MAYA: No, I want to leave you alone with Fernando.
LIZ: Okay thank you, bye. See you tomorrow.

Fernando and Liz go away. And they kiss.

Written by Linda Unverricht , Olivia Kosciuk , Lisa Harms
of Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

No comments: