Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Strict Teacher

The Strict Teacher

Scene 1

(At school)
Malibu: Good morning, guys!
Kids: Morning!
Malibu: Where were you in the first break?
Jack: Sophie and I didn’t go out! We had a test in history.
Malibu: Oh, I forgot it. How was it?
Sophie: Yes, it was very difficult I wrote awful.
Markos: You, Jack?
Jack: Miss Maricka is a very bad person. She hates us. She doesn’t want us to pass the exams.
Malibu: This is true she was a teacher of mine, last year! She saw me in the break with my mobile phone in my hand and asked the headmaster to punish me for that.
Markos: Really? And what happened?
Malibu: He took my mobile phone and he expelled me from school.
Jesus: I really hate her!
Sophie: I wish she had an accident with the car.
Markos: Don’t say that.
Malibu: I’m serious Jack. She is very bad.

Scene 2

(Teachers in the staff room)
Mrs. Maricka and Mrs. Catherine, the two teachers, are talking in the staff-room of the school.

Maricka: Oh, God, these kids are always driving me crazy. I don’t know what to do with them.
Cathrene: Why are you saying this?
Marica: Jack is talking all the time and Sophie miss-behave but I don’t want to punish him. I don’t think that they will pass the exams! I will see what I can do with them.

Scene 3

(At the cafeteria)
Sophie: Oh, in two days we’re taking our reports.
Jack: I’m sure she will give us low marks.
Sophie: She will do anything to upset us. She will be very happy if we don’t pass the exams. She is very mean…
Jack: If we don’t pass the exams, we will have her as a teacher next year and there is no possibility to get rid of her.
Markus: Oh, I dread to think that she will be teaching us next year. I will never graduate.
Malibu: Don’t worry guys I don’t think this will happen! Unfortunately I face the same problem with my math teacher. He doesn’t like me at all.
Sophie: Oh, don’t worry, you are lucky Mr Sotiriou is very a good teacher, we had him last year and he passed us but we didn’t have good marks.
Markus: Thank god! My teachers are not normal. Maybe we should go home now. It is late. See you tomorrow guys!!!

Scene 4

(The next morning in class)

Maricka: Good Morning, kids!!! I have your tests here. Everyone has written from 16 and up…
Sophie: Jack, did you hear that? We have written very well…
Maricka: But Sophie and Jack didn’t write very well. Actually your tests were awful. Don’t worry. Tomorrow you will take your reports and I will let your parents know about it.
(Maricka gives out the tests and the result is…)
Jack: Excuse me, Miss, you can’t give me only 6. I have answered three questions and the matching exercise is correct.
Sophie: Yes, and I can’t take only 7 because I have four correct questions…
Maricka: Oh, dear kids, I should have given you lower marks.

Scene 5

(The kids are very upset because they deserve more than 6, 7
Anyway they go to find the other kids and tell them what happened)

Malibu: Hi guys!!! What happened? Why you are sad???
Let me guess! Miss Maricka???
Jack and Sophie: Yes…!!!
Markus: Why happened???
Sophie: We took the tests and I wrote 7.
Jack: … And I took 6…
Sophie: And tomorrow we will take our reports. My parents will kill me before I kill Maricka.
(The kids start laughing…)
Markus: Whatever happens tomorrow we will be with you… Don’t worry.
Malibu: Will you come for coffee to the cafe near the school???
Jack: I won’t. I want to go home and prepare my parents for anything…
Sophie: Me, too.

Scene 6

(The time passes, the school finishes and the kids go home
Sophie goes home by bus. While she is traveling. She has a nap. She also has a nightmare… With Mrs. Maricka… She wakes up frightened and she calls Jack)
Jack: Hi, Sophie!!! Who are you???
Sophie: M…mmm… Good, I can’t stop thinking about tomorrow… I had a nap, on the bus, I had a nightmare with Miss Maricka… She was running after me and she was screaming. “You will never graduate. You will never pass………..!!!” I am very afraid. What do you think she will tell our parents???
Jack: Whatever she says we will be there to deny it.
Sophie: Ok. See you tomorrow, mister cool.
Jack: Bye… What can I do? I know I will not pass… I try to stay cool…

Scene 7

(The Next Morning)
The kids are in the yard and they are waiting for their reports.


Miss Cathrene: All the kids did very well in their tests… Everyone tried very hard in my lesson and I am proud of them…
Miss Maricka: I want Jack’s and Sophie’s parents in my office to talk to them about their children.Sophie: My parents aren’t here because they are working.
Jack: Neither is mine.
Maricka: I am sorry kids, but I have to tell you that you haven’t passed my lesson…I’m sorry, See you, again, in September …
Sophie: Oh... FUCK and what we are going to do now???
Jack: Don’t worry, we will pass the lesson in September…
Miss Cathrene: How are your marks, children??
Sophie and Jack: We didn’t pass history as Miss Maricka says.
Cathrene: Let me see…You pass. Your general report is good, so you get a pass for history too.
Sophie: Really??? Oh, my God…Thank you a lot, Miss Cathrene… We didn’t know that we could pass a subject with the help of our report.
Jack: You see Sophie, everything goes well…
Miss Maricka: Why you are so happy kids??? You didn’t pass and you are laughing??? I knew that you are so foolish?
Sophie: No, Miss, we passed… See you – NEVER- again.
Jack: We are sorry Miss, but really, we will never see you again…
(When the 4 kids are gone…They laugh again)
Maricka: Markus is laughing now because next year we will be together ha, ha, ha…

Scene 8

The next year the kids go to the university and they are very happy.

Sophie: Jack, you were right we’ll never see Maricka again.
Jack: Yeah, I am always right ha , ha ,ha…
Principal: I will say “Bravo” to everybody for your success at the university. Now, I want to introduce a new teacher to you, who came here yesterday… Miss Maricka…
Kids: … No way..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!The End!!

Written By: Vicky Siatoufi, Korina Pappa, and Ntina Mpoziou.
of the 8th Geniko Lykeio Ioanninon-Greece

No comments: