Monday, January 14, 2008

!YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF ME!!

!YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF ME!!


Characters: Kate, her mother, Chris (Kate’s boyfriend), Kate’s father, Lucy


SCENE ONE:

Kate is coming home from school.


KATE: Hi, I am home.

MOTHER: Hi, Kate.

KATE: Mom, we must speak.

MOTHER: No, I can’t speak now!

KATE: But it is important!

MOTHER: I really can’t!!!

KATE: You never have time for me!!!

MOTHER: But I must work!

KATE: Your work is more important than me!

MOTHER: Your dad left me when I was seventeen because I was
pregnant. Now I must take care of you.

KATE: I can do it myself, too.

MOTHER: Yes. I know. But I am your mother.

KATE: Ok. But then let me tell you something.

MOTHER: Go ahead.

KATE: I’ve got a boyfriend.

Mother: What!?!?!? You’ve got a boyfriend!!!!

KATE: Yes.

MOTHER: No! No! No! Get out.

KATE: I hate you!!!

MOTHER: You will come home again! You need me!

KATE: Sure! Sure! In the year 2030! Good bye!

MOTHER: You need me! Not your boyfriend! Who do you think earns the
bread here?

KATE: I hate you and you must work, that’s wonderful!

MOTHER: I am angry! With you! You won’t go away! You won’t go and
see your boyfriend! He will leave you like your father left me!

KATE: My father and my boyfriend aren’t the same! My boyfriend is
another person!

MOTHER: I only want save to you!

KATE: I’m safe! Bye!!




SCENE TWO:

Kate is gone to Chris´, she tells him what happened:

KATE: She thinks you will leave me!!

CHRIS: That’s very bad. I’ve got an idea!

KATE: Tell me!

CHRIS: You will live here with me.

KATE: Sure. That’s all right. That sounds good.

CHRIS: I think that’s the best solution at the moment. But you can
speak with your mother.

KATE: No! No! No! Not my mother!

CHRIS: Ok. Have you got your stuff?

KATE: Yes. Sure.

Kate has got a big backpack.




SCENE THREE:

Kate´s mother phones her ex-husband.

FATHER: Hello.

MOTHER: Jack?

FATHER: Sophie?

MOTHER: Yes! It’s me!

FATHER: What do you want?

MOTHER: I need your help. Kate is gone!

FATHER: Who is Kate?

MOTHER: (angrily) Kate? Who is Kate?! Kate is your daughter!!!

FATHER: It’s a girl? And her name is Kate?

MOTHER: You have to find her! Please come here. My address is Birmingham Street 4B.

FATHER: Okay I’m coming.






SCENE FOUR:

The father rings the bell. The mother opens.

MOTHER: (quietly) Hi.

FATHER: (quietly) Hello. You have changed.

MOTHER: Thanks, you too.

Both are standing there silently.

FATHER: Ok, let’s look around in her room. Maybe we can find a clue there.

MOTHER: (she points to a door) There it is.

FATHER: (He opens the door and looks around) Look there. A note.
There is a name on it. (He reads) Chris. And an address.

MOTHER: (exiting) That must be her boyfriend!

FATHER: Ok, I’ll go there now. I know where that is.

MOTHER: I’ll come with you.

FATHER: No, you are too excited and you and Kate had a fight.

MOTHER: But she doesn’t know you.

FATHER: Yes, maybe she will talk with me then. I think it is better if
I go alone.

MOTHER: Please, I must come with you.

FATHER: Trust me.

MOTHER: I don’t know. Okay.

FATHER: Thanks.




SCENE FIVE:

CHRIS: Wake up Kate.

KATE: What is it?

CHRIS: Wake up.

KATE: Oh. Yes.

CHRIS: How are you?

KATE: Thank you. I’m fine. And how are you?

CHRIS: I am fine too.

The father is at Chris´ flat now. He knocks on the door. Chris opens the door.

FATHER: Hello.

CHRIS: Hi. What do you want?

FATHER: I’m Kate’s father.

CHRIS: Kate!

KATE: Yes. Who is it?

CHRIS: Your father.

KATE: What?!?!

FATHER: Kate?

KATE: Why? Why did you do it? Why are you here? Why?

Kate’s father is quiet, but then he looks sad:

FATHER: Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I didn’t want to leave your mother.
I was afraid, Kate. Please come back. Your mother misses you.

KATE: Really?

FATHER: Yes.

KATE: Let me think it over.

FATHER: Ok.




SCENE SIX:

Lucy, a friend and neighbour is at the mother´s home, too.

MOTHER: What! You found her with her boy friend? What did she say?
Will she come home? What happened? Answer me!

FATHER: Chill out Sophie.

MOTHER: Ok. But tell me all about her.

FATHER: Today I’m going to see her and she will tell me if she comes
home or not.

MOTHER: I miss Kate.

FATHER: It’s all right, Sophie. It’s all right.

LUCY: I think Kate will come home.

MOTHER: Really?

LUCY: Yes. But I must go now. Bye.

MOTHER: Bye.

FATHER: Bye.

FATHER: And I go now to see Kate. Bye.

MOTHER: Bye.

FATHER: And Sophie?

MOTHER: Yes?

FATHER: I miss her too.

MOTHER: Bye.

FATHER: Bye.




SCENE SEVEN:


CHRIS: Oh. Hello.

KATE: I’m coming home.

FATHER: Really?

KATE: Yes. Bye Chris.

CHRIS: Bye.

FATHER: Bye.

KATE: Dad?

FATHER: Yes.

KATE: I need you.

FATHER: I need you too.

KATE: Oh Dad.



SCENE EIGHT:


MOTHER: (happily) Kate, oh Kate.

KATE: Mom!

MOTHER: I love you.

KATE: I love you, too.

FATHER: Sophie?

MOTHER: Yes.

FATHER: Let us start all over again.

MOTHER: Yes.

KATE: But then you must take care of me.

FATHER/MOTHER :( happily) Sure. Sure.

MOTHER: And you can go and stay with your boyfriend sometimes, okay?

KATE: Sure.

MOTHER/KATE/FATHER: WE MUST TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER!
AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Written by:


Sebla Gedik Class 7C 13 years old

Benjamin Hackenberg Class 7C 12 years old

Vinith Sanmugarajah Class 7B 12 years old

of Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

No comments: