Sunday, February 24, 2008

Friends

Friends

Characters:
Ruta- 11 years old. She‘s a quiet and hard-working girl.
Migle- a twin of Ruta but she‘s very different: an irrepresible girl. She doesn‘t like studying.
Linas- 11 years old. He loves basketball and always plays after lessons.
Vytas- 11 years old.Llikes teasing girls by pulling their plaits.
Linas‘s mom- She is art‘s teacher.


Scene 1

All children come into school‘s hall. They‘re all laughing.
Vytas:
- Yeah, that was cool! I’ll never forget that BANG!

Ruta:
- What “BANG!”?

Linas:
- Well, when we went on a third floor and something there exploded! That was
soooooo much fun!

Migle (laughs):
- Whoever did it, they are in biiig trouble... But what exploded?

Vytas:
- I saw when one kid dropped a little bomb. Eeee… You know, that bomb which
we use at New Years.

Ruta (a little scared):
- Whew… I thought, it was a REAL bomb…

Migle:
- If it would be a real bomb, all school had been blown up!

Linas:
- Hem… I like this idea!

Vytas:
- OK. I’ll get some matches, Linas will fin…

Ruta (screams):
- Noo!!! What are you doing? Are you stupid?!

Linas (laughs):
- Easier! We are just kidding!

Migle:
- Yeah. Don‘t you understand jokes, sis?

Ruta:
- OK, OK... I was just protecting our school...

Linas:
- I’ll be right back.

He goes out of scene.

Vytas:
- So, it’s Linas’s birthday on the day after tomorrow. We should make him a surprise!
Has anyone got any ideas?

Migle:
- Hem… Don’t look at me like that!..

Ruta:
- If we are his real friends, then he will invite us to his birthday party.

Vytas:
- So, and…?

Ruta:
- When he’ll invite us, we’ll say “Sorry, but we can’t come…”.

Migle:
- So what? He’ll be very sad if we will do it!

Ruta:
- Don’t interrupt me if you want to know my plan! So, we’ll go into his house quietly
and decorate his room with balloons, and other birthday signs.

Vytas:
- One little problem…

Ruta:
- What problem?.

Vytas:
- How we’ll get into his house?

Ruta:
- Oh, sorry. I’ve never thought about that!..

Migle:
- It’s so easy! We’ll ask Linas’s parents for their house key. We’ll tell them our plan and,
I think they will let us take that key!

Ruta (teases):
- I didn’t know that you’re genius.

Migle:
- Shut up. Oh, Linas is coming.
Linas:
- What were you talking about?

Vytas:
- Nothing… We’ve been waiting for you

Ruta:
- Bye. So see you tomorrow

Linas and Vytas:
- Bye!

Children go out of scene.

Scene 2

Another day. Vytas, Migle and Ruta go into school’s hall.
Vytas:
- Where’s Linas?

Ruta:
- Strange… He is usually one of the first to come in.

Migle:
- Maybe he’s sick?

Vytas:
- I don’t think so… He would definitely text me.

Migle:
- Hey, if he isn’t at school we can decide, what we could buy for his birthday!

Vytas:
- We can buy little cars for him!

Ruta:
- Are you crazy? He’s too old for that!

Vytas:
- Well, my little brother likes them…

Migle:
- Maybe we can buy him a… Book!

Ruta:
- No, he doesn’t like reading too much. But he likes basketball. So, we could buy …

Everyone (shout):
- Basketball ball!

Linas run into scene and asks:
- Why are you yelling?

Vytas:
- Well, we…

Migle:
- Nine hells! Where have you been?

Linas:
- I forgot set my alarm clock on yesterday… So what’s the first lesson?

Ruta:
- Maths.

Linas (takes his head and screams):
- Who can lend me a note book?!

Ruta opens her bag and gives a note book for Linas. Linas props up his notebook on wall and
starts writing.
During writing Linas says:
- Anyone want go to my birthday?
Migle:
- Ruta and I can’t… We are going to the countryside to visit our grandparents

Linas gives Ruta’s notebook back to her and puts his notebook in bag. He looks sadly at Vytas.
Vytas:
- I can’t go too. I must… Tidy up my house.

Linas (sadly):
- Then, I think, I’ll celebrate with my family…

Ruta:
- Oh, don’t be so sad… Maybe we’ll celebrate your birthday anoth…

DZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Migle:
- Bell!

Children go out of scene.

Scene 3

Everyone come into scene. It’s long-break. Ruta sits on chair, takes her notebook and starts writing in it.

Migle:
- What’re you doing?

Ruta:
- My homework.

Migle:
- Why? You can do it in home.

Ruta (shows her tongue for Migle):
- Fine. I’ll do my homework during the break and you’ll do it in home when I’ll play computer games.

Migle:
- Hey, I don’t play like that!

She takes her notebook too and starts writing.

Vytas:
- OK. Than I and Linas will go to play basketball.

Linas and Vytas go out of scene.
Migle (looks at Ruta’s notebook):
- I don’t understand this exercise… Can I look?

Ruta:
- No you can’t! Think your-self.

Migle (sadly):
- Pleaaaaase…

Ruta:
- Oh, OK. Look…

She gives her notebook to Migle and teases:
Ruta:
- Maybe there’s a worm in your head… He eats, eats and eats your brain…

Migle (laughs):
- I think it will be die of hunger in YOUR head!

Ruta looks resented at Migle:
Ruta:
- Just write that exercise in your notebook…

Migle looks with flying colours at Ruta, then writes something in her notebook.
Ruta:
- We’ll buy ball today, after lessons, OK?

Migle gives notebook back to Ruta, and puts her notebook in her bag.
Migle:
- OK. But have you got any money? I have got just 10 Lt…

Ruta:
- Don’t worry. I don’t spend so much money for sweets like you. I’ve got 20 Lt.

Migle:
- Because I like sweets but you don’t like! “Sweets are bad for teeth…” If you didn’t know, chocolate is good for teeth…

Ruta:
- Look, Linas’s mom is coming!

Linas’s mom comes into scene.
Linas’s mom:
- Helo, girls.

Migle and Ruta:
- Hello.

Migle:
- We have a plan for Linas’s birthday. Can you take hi somewhere that day and we’ll decorate his room.

Ruta:
- Yes, can you give your house key?

Linas’s mom takes key from her jacket’s pocket and gives it to Ruta
Linas’s mom:
- Here you go. Good plan, I must say. I’ll take him to theatre at 12:00 p.m.. There we’ll be about two hours.

Migle:
- Great! Oh, I almost forgot. Vytas will go with us.

Linas’s mom:
- OK.
Ruta (smiles to Linas’s mom):
- Thank you. Don’t say about our plan for Linas!

Linas’s mom:
- You can trust me! Good-bye girls!

Migle and Ruta:
- Bye!

Linas’s mom go out of scene.
Migle:
- Yes, we have a key!

Ruta:
- It wasn’t very hard, I thought that she will not trust us!

Boys run into scene.
Vytas:
- Bell didn’t ring?

Ruta:
- No…

Linas:
- Whew… almost thought that we’ll be late… Again.

Migle:
- Then, it’s your lucky day, I must say.

Vytas:
- It really can be.

Ruta whispers in Vytas’s ear:
- We’ll buy Linas’s present and birthday signs today, after lessons. And I have Linas’s house key!

Linas:
-What are you whispering about?

Migle:
- We can‘t say... It‘s secret!

Linas:
- You are concealing something from me!

Vytas (smiles to Linas):
- Yes, we are…

DZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Migle:
- That bell rings, when we don’t need it!!!









Scene 4

Another day. Vytas, Migle and Ruta come into Linas’s house. Vytas holds a box with birthday signs and Migle holds box with Linas’s present.
Vytas:
- It’s really 12:00 p.m.?

Migle:
- Stop frightening! It’s 12:20 p.m.!

Vytas:
- I just asked…

Ruta:
- Stop arguing! Who’ll hang balloons?

Migle:
- I wan’t!

Ruta:
- OK. Who’ll toss some coloured papers?

Vytas (bored):
- I’ll…

Ruta:
- Then I’ll write poster with note “Happy birthday” and hang it opposite doors.

Migle:
- I write graffiti style better than you!

Ruta:
- Than you can write poster. I’ll hang balloons.

Migle (happily):
- OK.

Everyone work their jobs. Ruta holds balloon.
Ruta:
- Migle, can you give me some yarn and scissors?

Migle:
- Take them yourself!

Ruta:
- I can’t! I’m holding a balloon.

Migle (gives some yarn and scissors for Ruta):
- OK. Here you go…

Ruta (angry):
- Thank you very much…

Migle:
- Shut up!

Vytas stops tossing papers.
Vytas (laughs):
- Now I can say: stop arguing!

They proceed their jobs.
Migle:
- Who’ll give a ball for Linas?

Vytas:
- I!

Ruta:
- No, I!

Migle:
- OK. Than I’ll give present!

Ruta and Vytas:
- Why you?!

Migle (shows a tongue):
- Because I proposed it first!

Ruta:
- I think, we can give present together.

Vytas:
- Good idea! And… What time is it?

Ruta:
- 1:30 p.m..

Migle:
-Better hurry…

They work silently. Vytas ends tossing coloured papers, Ruta ends hanging balloons and Migle Hangs poster.
Migle:
- All done!

Vytas:
- We can take birthday hats now!

They take some hats from box and put them on their heads. Then they sit on floor and wait.
Ruta:
- Shhh… I heard something!

Linas and his mom came into decorated room. All three children stand up and shout:
- Surpriiise!

All three give Linas a present.
Vytas:
- Open it!

Linas opens box and takes basketball ball.
Linas:
- Cool! My old ball isn’t orange anymore but grey!

Ruta:
- We glad that you like it.
Linas:
- But… But you said, that you will not come to my birthday!

Migle:
- We lied for you. That was a part of our plan!

Linas:
- I never had better friends than you!

THE END

Authors: Gabija Vaitkeviciute , Saule Ratkute and Antanas Puzas
5b class
Lithuania, Kaunas Radvilenai secondary school

No comments: