Friday, January 25, 2008

The poor girl

‘THE POOR GIRL’

(Nick, John, Natalie, Penelope 10-12 years old, mum-Sophie, Melanie 35 years, and Mexica 60 years old)

Scene 1


Nick: Ha! Ha! John, look at this girl she is fat and awful…
John: Yes, she looks very silly
Natalie: Oh, why???
Nick: Don’t speak!!! You are AWFUL…
John: Na Na Na!!! You are a small chicken…!!!
Nick: Good idea John…she is a chicken…
Natalie: No, I am not…
John: I told, yes, you are…!!!
Natalie: I will tell it to my mum…
Nick: We are not scared of your mother, you silly fat girl
Natalie: I will go and you will see…


Scene 2

AT HOME

Mum Sophie: Where have you been sweety???
Natalie: I am not sweety, mum!!!
Mum: What is going on my baby???
Natalie: I hate this neighborhood…I hate school…I hate everything here
Mum: Why, Natalie, what happened???
Natalie: Everyone laughs at me, I don’t like it…
Mum: Oh, sweety!!! You are new here and it will happen only for the first days…
Natalie: Mum, I want you to shout at them…
Mum: Natalie, please, you should make new friends…
Natalie: No, mum…I want to go back to my old home, to my friends, to my grandma…I do not like it here…
Mum: Now here is your house…
Natalie: I do not like it…
Mum: Your father wants a job and it is here we can't do anything else…can you understand me???
Natalie: No, I hate you, I hate dad, and I hate myself…I hate everyone here!!!
Mum: I understand, my love, but…
Natalie: No, you don’t!!! I feel awful and I want my old friends back…
Mum: Natalie, I want…
Natalie: I don’t want to here you…
Mum: Then go to your room…and think some things again!!! Ok???
Natalie: I will not do it…
Mum: Now GO!!!



Scene 3

Mum: Good morning, baby…
Natalie: Morning…
Mum: How was your night?
Natalie: Eh…? Where is dad?
Mum: At work…Listen to me, Natalie…I want to apologise, but I want you to understand that your father and I want the best for you!!! We love you…!!! Come here...

(They have a hug… Natalie is crying…)

Natalie: Oh, mum, I love you too and I do not want to have arguments…
Mum: And now I have a surprise for you!
Natalie: What?
Mum: This morning I went out, I met a woman in the garden, we introduced to each other and I invited her and her daughter to come for coffee!!!
Natalie: Ok, I will try…

Scene 4

IN THE AFTERNOON AT NATALIE’S HOUSE

(THE DOOR IS KNOCKING)

Mum: I will open, Natalie
Natalie: OK.
Melanie: Hi, how are you?... This is my daughter, Penelope…
Penelope: Hi!!!
Mum: Hi, Pen!!! Natalie, come here!!! We have visitors…
Natalie: Hello, I am Natalie…
Melanie: You are so sweet, Natalie…
Natalie: Thanks.
Mum: Come inside and have a seat…what do you want to drink…
Melanie: What do you have?
Mum: Everything, coffee, juice, tea…
Melanie: I want a cup of tea…please…
Pen: I want a juice…
Mum: OK, baby…, do you want some sweets too???
Pen: Yes, of course…
Mum: Natalie takes Pen to your room and her sweets…
Natalie: Come with me, Pen…


Scene 5

AT ROOM

Natalie: The sweets…
Pen: OK, thanks…
Natalie: How old are you…Pen?
Pen: I am 12 years old you?
Natalie: Me too…!!! And what …
Mum: Here you are the juice…
Natalie-Pen: thanks
Natalie: What’s your hobby?
Pen: I like playing game on my computer…
Natalie: Me too… and I also like go out with my friends.
Pen: Where are you from Natalie?
Natalie: I am from Patra…have you ever been there?
Pen: No, but I’d love to…
Natalie: We will go together one day…
Pen: Ohhhhh!!! Do you want to become my best friend?
Natalie: Yes, very much
Pen: OK, we are friends and we will everything together…




Scene 6

AT THE PARK

Pen: Do you want us to go there to sit with these guys…
Natalie: I am not sure they will laugh at me
Pen: No, they are my friends, so they are your friends too.
Natalie: thanks Pen!!! Let’s go.
Pen: Hey, guys.
Nat: oh, no…
John-nick: hey…hey!
Pen: this is Natalie, my new neighbour!
John: Hi…
Nick: nice to meet you Natalie…
Nat: Hey, guys. I remember you…
John: Sorry, Natalie. we didn’t know
Nat: It’s OK, boys, but…
Nick: Sorry, really sorry…Natalie, we didn’t mean it...
Nat: Ok, Ok ...no problem...
Pen: What’s happened kids?
Natalie: Nothing,... nothing …
Nick: Ok, then let’s play volleyball

15 minutes later

Natalie: The time has passed and I have to go shopping with my mum
Nick-Pen-John: Bye-bye, see you later…



Scene 7

At home again

Mum: Welcome, Natalie!
Natalie: Hi mum…
Mum: How was your afternoon?
Natalie: Super, mum, super…!
Mum: Really?
Natalie: I met some new friends and I am very happy…
Mum: Good, sweety, but now I have a surprise for you too…
Natalie: What mum what? Tell me...
Mum: Ok, close your eyes!!!
Natalie: I am curious mum…
Mum: O, ok, wait!

(MUM AND GRANDMA COME INTO THE ROOM)

Natalie: Ah…
Mum: Ok, open your eyes now!
Natalie: Ah, grandma!!! I love you!
Grandma MEXICA: My sweet baby!!! I miss you very very much!
Mum: The surprise is not it, but grandma will stay with us…
NAT: At our home?
Gr Mexica: Yes, with you…
Nat: Super... I will tell it to my friends…
Mum: Let’s eat something now and you will discuss then, Ok?
Nat: Ok, mummy!
Gr Mex: What do we have for lunch?
Mum: We have chicken, potatoes and salad.
Gr Mex: Mmmmm…
Mum: Take your dishes, please...
Gr Mex: It is delicious…
Natalie: I love it…

MUM GOES TO SUPER MARKET

Mum: Now I will go to super market and I will be back in half an hour…
Natalie: Go, mum go...
Gr Mexica: Do you like your new neighbourhood?
Natalie: Yes, I like it…in the beginning I didn’t like, but when I met Penelope things changed! I really love her!
Gr Mexica: I am very happy for you, you deserve it…!
Natalie: Tell me your, news granny…
Gr Mexica: The only new that I have is that I will stay here with you!!!
Natalie: I am so happy………..

(THE TIME HAS PASSED, THE MOTHER HAS RETURNED HOME, THEY HAD LUNCH & THEY LIED TO BED AND START TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!)


THE END

WRITTEN BY: KORINA PAPPA
&
VICKY SIATOUFI
of the 8th Geniko Lykeio Ioanninon

No comments: