Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A forbidden love

A forbidden love ♥

Characters:
Ebru The girl
Denis Her holiday love
Mr.Gökdeniz Ebru´s father
Mrs.Gökdeniz Ebru´s mother
Fatma Gökdeniz Ebru´s Grandmother
Mustafa



SCENE 1:

Ebru has flown fly to Turkey to visit her grandmother. She is in the town centre to buy fruit.

EBRU / DENIS : How much is that?

EBRU: Oh sorry!

DENIS: No problem. You go first.

EBRU: Oh thanks.

EBRU: I would like to buy a kilo of oranges and 4 apples please.

THE SHOP ASSISTANT: 3 lires please.

EBRU: Here. Thank you.

Then Denis begins to talk.

DENIS: Hey I’m Denis. Can I have your phone number?

EBRU: Oh yes. I’m Ebru. My number is 02051/270634. But I’m from Germany.

DENIS: No problem. I came from Germany to Turkey three years ago.

EBRU: Really? And you live in Turkey now?

DENIS: Yes. It´s wonderful here in Turkey.

They talk and walk to home.

EBRU: Yes, that’s right. And what are you doing here. I mean as a German?

DENIS: Right, but that’s not important.

EBRU: OK. If you think so. Can you see that house. That’s the house of my grandmother. I ´m living here at moment.

DENIS: Oh, really? That’s a wonderful house. Ok, I think you must go now. Right?

EBRU: Yes. Ok, you have my phone number. If you want, you can call me any time.

Denis: That’s good.

They laugh.

EBRU: I hope I can see you again.

DENIS: Me too.

EBRU: Bye, bye.

Denis: Bye.





SCENE 2:

EBRU: Oh, grandmother, you don´t know what happened... He is so cute, really!

FATMA : Ok then tell me my darling. What happened?

EBRU : He is wonderful. A dream and so nice. Ok. I asked the shop assistant how much the oranges were and a boy asked at the same time. And then we talkd about our lifes. He is the right guy and mum and dad must know that.

FATMA: No Ebru no, never! Your father will never say all right to this story. You go out for one hour and tell me you´ve found the right man. Are you crazy?

EBRU: I don’t know him yet.

FATMA: Forget him, it´s better for you, Ebru.

EBRU: No, I will fly home in 2 months and tell dad about him. Nobody can say anything against it if I want him. It’s my life, not anybody else´s life.


The lights go out.



SCENE 3


Ebru´s telephone rings.


EBRU: Yes?

DENIS: Ebru?

EBRU: Yes. Who is it?

DENIS: It´s Denis. How are you?

EBRU: Oh, Denis, thank you very much I am fine and you?

DENIS: Thanks, I am, too. What are you doing now?

EBRU: I´m thinking of you and what about you?

DENIS: I am thinking of you, too. Have you got time?

EBRU: Yes. Why?

DENIS: I would like to meet you. Is that ok?

EBRU: Okay, it’s not a problem. We can meet. 3 o´ clock in the city, is that alright?

DENIS: Okay, see you later. Bye

EBRU: Bye.



Ebru walks to the mirror and does her hair. She puts on make-up and clothes to look pretty. Ebru is very excited and leaves.




SCENE 4:

Ebru and Denis meet and say hello with a kiss on the mouth.

EBRU: Oh finally I see you. I missed you so much when I was alone.

DENIS: Yes, me too.

EBRU: Where do we go now?

DENIS: Let’s go to the ice cream parlour.

EBRU: Okay.

They walk over to an ice cream parlour.

WAITER: Hello welcome to the Ice Cream Palace. What would you like to order?

EBRU: A very big ice cream. A wonderful thing.

WAITER: Ok. And what can I bring for the gentleman?

DENIS: The same please.

The waiter leaves and they talk..

EBRU: And where are you from?

DENIS: I’m from Berlin and you?

EBRU: I’m from Stuttgart.

DENIS: Oh dear. That´s very far. That is a big problem.

EBRU: Have you got sisters or brothers?


The waiter comes and brings the ice-cream. They eat.


DENIS: Yes, a big sister. Her name is Julia but she’s married. And you ?

EBRU: No, unfortunately not.

DENIS: Tell me something about your parents.

EBRU: Oh. My parents. My parents are old and very great. They love me and do everything for me. And yours ?

DENIS: (sadly) My parents died in 2004.

EBRU: Oh I´m sorry, Denis.

DENIS: I have nobody in my life.

EBRU: That’s wrong. You have me. ( She gives him a kiss )

DENIS: Are you free tomorrow? You can come to my place.

EBRU: Yes. Oh, I am full and you ?

DENIS: Yes. Come on, I´ll take you home.

EBRU: Ok.

They walk hand in hand to Ebru’s home and don’t say anything.

EBRU: Ok. I must go. See you tomorrow.

DENIS: Yes. See you, darling.





SCENE 5

Ebru arrives at Denis´place and rings the bell. Denis opens the door.


DENIS: Oh darling. How are you?

EBRU: SHIT! That’s not important. ( She cries ) I am flying back home tomorrow.

DENIS: No, I can‘t believe that. I thought that you would be here forever. Let´s go to the living room .

EBRU: Darling, I don´t want to go home without you.

They look at each other and begin to kiss. They touch each other.


EBRU: That’s not a good idea what we are doing.

DENIS: Come on, Ebru. You are flying back home tomorrow and that wasn’t wrong. Because I love you.

EBRU: Yes but, you are a CHRISTIAN and I am a MUSLIM.

DENIS: Our love is big and fuck religion.

EBRU: Hmm. Yes you are right.

DENIS: Okay. (he smiles) I love you.

… They begin to kiss and the lights go out.

The next morning. The sun is shining and the birds are sing. They wake up..





SCENE 6


Denis wakes up. He looks for Ebru in his flat but she isn’t there.
He finds a letter and reads it.


DENIS:
Dear Denis,
What we did last night was wrong. I love you.
But I must go. When you read this letter I am on the plane to Germany.
I love you so much and miss you. I will tell my dad about you and write you letters.
I am crying because I must go. I will always love you and come back when I have the time.
I love you. Very big kiss, yours Ebru.

He starts crying.



SCENE 7

Ebru is back at home. Her parents hug Ebru and give her a kiss.



MRS GÖKDENIZ: Tell me about your holidays in Turkey.

EBRU: It was great mum. I had a really cool time there. And…

MR GÖKDENIZ: And what ?

EBRU: Mum, Dad ?I must tell you about something that happened.

MR GÖKDENIZ/MRS GÖKDENI: Ok. Start.

EBRU: I met somebody. His name is Denis, he´s Christian and I think that I love him.

MR GÖKDENIZ: WHAT?? ? Are you crazy? Never! Do you want to be a slut??

EBRU: Dad, you can´t speak with me like this. Dad, I had sex with him and nobody can say that I can´t be with him .

MR GÖKDENIZ : EBRU, EBRUUUU. THAT´S A SHAME FOR THE FAMILY. WHY DID YOU DO THAT ? WHY ? I CAN´T BELIEVE THATTTT !


He beats Ebru and she screams and cries. The lights go out and she screams in the dark. Everybody can hear it.




SCENE 8

Her father locks Ebru up in her room and hides the key. She cries.

Ebru writes Denis a text message. She reads it out loud.

EBRU: Hey Denis. I am at home and it is all right.
I miss you so much and I try to get away.
I will come to see you because I love you.
Kiss, Ebru.


In the living room.

MR GÖKDENIZ : Ebru is a shame for the family. A big shame.

MRS GÖKDENIZ: No. That’s wrong. She isn’t. Everything she does is always wrong for you. Have you ever said “okay” to Ebru when she wanted something. She loves him and you say “no” immediately..

MR GÖKDENIZ : You don’t know what you are saying. You´re a shame too. What kind of a mother are you ?

MRS GÖKDENIZ: You tell everybody that they are a shame. But the real shame, that´s you.

MR GÖKDENIZ: You can´t say anything like that. You and your daughters are bitches. I am the man in this house. Not you. Is that clear?

MRS GÖKDENIZ: ( She cries ) I hate you so much ! You and a father ? You don´t want the best for Ebru and you say you´re the man.

MR GÖKDENIZ: SHUT UP ! SHUT UP !

He beats MRS GÖKDENIZ and then she is on the floor. The light go out. Mrs Gökdeniz speaks in the dark.

MRS GÖKDENIZ: Why did I marry him?






SCENE 9:


Its the next morning. MR GÖKDENIZ opens the door of Ebru´s room and wakes her up. She was sleeping. She has big red eyes because she has cried all night.

MR GÖKDENIZ : Wake up!

EBRU: What ?

MR GÖKDENIZ: I say : Wake up! Get dressed and come to the sitting room. There is something to discuss.

Regie: He leaves her room. Ebru goes to the sitting room


MR GÖKDENIZ: When you were in Turkey, we had big visit of from Ahmet´s family. They said they think you are old enough now to be married. So I have decided to marry you to Mustafa.

EBRU: Father, you can´t do this. Please don´t. It´s my life, not yours.

MR GÖKDENIZ : Shut up ! You will marry him. I am the man in the house and I decide what happens in our house.

EBRU: Daddy. No ! I won't marry him. I love Denis and I will marry him. I won't marry a stranger.

MR GÖKDENIZ: I said “SHUT UP” !

Ebru críes and goes to the living room with her father.

MR GÖKDENIZ: Mustafa. This is my daughter Ebru.

MUSTAFA: Beautiful !






SCENE 10:

2 years later...Ebru is siting in the kitchen...with a baby. Her baby is crying.

EBRU: Hush.... hush...

The door opens.

MUSTAFA : Good morning, darling. ( He smiles and gives her a kiss )

EBRU: ( sadly) : Good morning..


THE END ( The curtain closes ).





Written by: Jennifer Poppek and Gamze Temelci, 8B
of Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

No comments: