Wednesday, January 23, 2008

S.A.D.

S.A.D.
Smoking. Alcohol. Drugs.

(Anna, Maria, Jennifer, Clair, John: friends age 16-17 yrs old)



Scene 1


“Things at school are not the usual!!!”
“The 5 kids in our story are at school they had just arrived. They met with each other outside the school door.”


Anna: Hi!!!
Maria-John: Hi guys!!!
Jennifer: Guys I don’t want to go to school for the first hour.
Clair: Yeah… Let’s go for a coffee…
Anna: OK… Let’s go then… Do we have any cigarettes???
Jennifer: Let’s go and buy some…


They go to the kiosk and they buy 2 packets of cigarettes…

Anna: Hey, guys why don’t we go to the “sad portrait”…
All: Yeah, let’s go there…

They go to the cafeteria…and talk about different stuff…and of course they are smoking…

John: Hey, baby come here to give you a hug…
Maria: I’m coming…
Clair: Hey guys…Let’s talk about something…
Jennifer: I don’t like talking…EMO don’t talk…
Anna: I agree with Jennifer…
John: Have you seen the new boy that came to our school…???
Maria: Yes I heard that he was expelled from his other school…
Jennifer: Do you know why he was expelled???
Anna: I heard that he was a drug dealer…
Clair: Oh! Really…time has passed we must go to school…

The 5 kids leave the cafeteria and go to school…
The bell has rung… it was time for the break.

Clair: John, I want to show you something…
John: Really, what???
Clair: You‘ll see…
John: Ok, I get it…Hey girls why don’t you go inside and we’ll talk
about it later…
All: OK…

“John and Clair are behind the school, smocking joints, the bell has rung and the 5 children must go to their classes, but John and Clair aren’t there”

(Behind the school)

Clair: I got some new stuff do you want some…???
John: Wow!!! Fuck me this is the best…
Clair: I told you…
John: The girls must not learn that we are smoking joints they
might not want to hung around with us anymore…
Clair: Yeah, I think you’re right it’s better this way…
John: The bell has rung we should better go in front…

(In frond of the school)

Anna: Hey guys where have you been???
Maria: Yeah, John I was worried…
Clair - John: We were late…
Jennifer: Ok, It doesn’t matter let’s go…


The school is finished and the 5 kids are going to their home.





Scene 2


It’s night and the 5 kids are going to the bar to drink…

Anna: Hey, guys is it Joanna with Jasmine???
Jennifer: Yes I think so…
Maria: What do you think that their parents would say if they learnt
that they are lesbians???
Clair: Well, I don’t know but not something good…
John: Hey girls be quiet they are coming here…
Joanna - Jasmine: Hey, guys… What’s up???
Anna: Fine you…???
Jasmine: We’re Ok.
Joanna: Our parents learnt that we are lesbians…
Clair: Really and what did they say to you…???
Jasmine: Well at first they were shocked and started yelling at me but then they accepted that we are different…
John: Well that’s good news…
Joanna: Yes, it is…
Jasmine: Well, we must leave now… See you…
All: Bye-bye.

Clair and John are going to the toilets because they want to smoke some joints.

John: You have no idea how much I wanted this stuff…
Clair: I understand you…

Jennifer is getting into the toilets.

Jennifer: Guys, what are you doing here???
John: We were just talking.
Jennifer: In the toilets???
Clair: John, leave it… she caught us… Stop lying…
Jennifer: Why are you doing it?
John: Because we need it...
Clair: Please, I beg you not to say anything to Anna and Maria.
Jennifer: Well, I don’t know...
John: If you dare say anything I’ll hit you.
Jennifer: What the fuck are you talking about...?
John: I’m sorry I was out of my limits… The joints and the drink
were talking, not I…
Jennifer: Well, ok, let’s go outside, I forgive you.
Clair: yes, let’s go…





Scene 3


After 2 hours the five children go to Jennifer’s house!


Jennifer: Hey guys, what do you want to drink…?
Anna: I want some whiskey.
Maria: Yeah… me too. I want the same.
Clair: I want vodka.
John: So, do I.
Jennifer: When did you start smoking joints…?
Clair: What are you talking about…?
Jennifer: Oh my god, it slipped me away.
Anna: Clair… John? Do you smoke joints?
John: Yes, sometimes.
Maria: I can’t believe it, why you didn’t tell me?
Clair: Relax, Maria… Do not get angry! We thought that you were
going to get angry.
Maria: You are right, I am angry.
John: You see…?
Anna: Why don’t we relax? Can we smoke joints?
Jennifer: Yeah, let’s smoke…
Clair: Are you sure?
Anna: Yes, bring it to us.
Clair: Maria, do you want…?
Maria: Ok, give me.
Anna: It’s good… I want more.


After a little bit hours Clair started feeling dizzy…

Maria: Clair, are you ok?
Clair: Yeah, I am fine… I am just feeling dizzy.
Jennifer: Maybe you shouldn’t smoke so many joints…
Anna: Yeah, Jennifer is right.
Clair: No, guys, I am fine.


Then Clair is lying on the floor…
The 5 children don’t know what to do…


Anna: Clair…? What the fuck?
Jennifer: I think that she has fainted.
John: What are we going to do? I think we must take her to the
Hospital.
All: Yeah, this what we must do… Let’s take her.

The 5 kids leave Jennifer’s house and take Clair to the hospital, which is not to far from Jennifer’s house . . .


John: You think that she will be ok?
Jennifer: I hope so…
Anna: Guys I am sure she’ll be ok…


After an hour Clair wakes up… The parents of the 5 children are at the hospital shouting at their children…


Anna: Thank god that Clair is ok…
John: Yeah, you’re right…
Maria: What are we going to do now with our parents? They are
going to learn that we were smoking joints…
Jennifer: We’ll face it as always, I don’t care they are not going to tell
me what to do…
John: Yeah, you’re right…


The 5 kids are at their homes and their parents are very different with the behavior to their kids.





Scene 4


Anna and Jennifer are talking on the phone.


Anna: Hi, Jennifer, my parents have become so strict lately after that
event… you know…!
Jennifer: Yeah, mine too. I am in the same situation.
Anna: Clair, Maria and John are in the worst situation of all of us.
Jennifer: Yeah, I think so too . . .



Meanwhile Maria has left her house after a fight she had with her parents. She has gone to find a guy from her school who is a drug dealer… he gives her the best thing… Heroin.


Maria: I can’t these awful parents anymore. I won’t something else.


Meanwhile John has been looking for Maria and John has called at Anna’s house . . .


John: Hi, Anna!
Anna: Hi, John!
John: Anna, do you know where Maria is?
Anna: No . . . I haven’t talked to her . . .

This kept on with Jennifer and Clair . . . Meanwhile John went out in the streets to look for Maria. Unfortunately he found her in a bad condition.


John: Hey, Maria where have you been, I was looking for you . . .


SILENCE……


John: Maria what’s going on…? Why aren’t talking to me . . .?



John gets closer to Maria and then he realizes something very bad...


John: Oh . . .my God…! What the fuck have you done?


John calls his parents. His parents came to help him. Maria is dead from an overdose of Heroin…





Scene 5



The next day at the funeral. Everyone is sad and depressed.


Anna: I can’t believe what has happened…
Jennifer: Me, too how have things come so far?
Clair: I was not expecting that from Maria.
Jennifer: Yes, it’s awful…
John: It’s my fault I gave her these joints at first. I started it…
Anna: No John it’s not your fault.
Clair: Yeah, I gave her too…
Jennifer: Hey, guys its no one’s fault. Maria did that without
thinking about consequences…
John: Hey, girls promise me something that we will never smoke
joints or drink again. Will you promise me that? What ever
bad happens in our lives…
All: Yes, we promise…



All the 4 friends together decide not to get involved in drugs again and they will always remember their friend Maria who so badly died from drugs.








THE END.






Written by: Aggellika – Maria Champsa, Constantina Boziou, Paraskevi – Spiridoula Gousiou
of 8th Geniko Lykeio Ioanninon-Greece

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good plot, although it's a bit boring... i think it ends too sad. keep trying! :D