Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Competition

The Competition


Characters:

1. Charlie Peterson: 11 years, likes football, tennis etc. sport and doesn’t like couch potatoes rainy days and conceited girls
2. Craig Thomson: 12 years, didn’t pass the third class once, likes video games, TV and food and doesn’t like apples, pretentious boys and lazy girls
3. Peter Valentine: 11 years is rich, likes beautiful girls, parachuting and golf and doesn’t like trains, thugs and his little sister
4. Christine Applebee 12 Years: likes buy jewellery and to go to beauty centres, doesn’t like foolish boys, tomatoes and chips.
5. The teacher
6. Another boy





Scene 1:
The reunion.

The boys are in the school yard. When they see each other they walk towards each other.

Craig :( nice voice) Hello, long time no see.
Charlie: You’re right since nursery school (laughs a bit).
Peter: In which form are you two?
Charlie and Craig: 5D
Peter: What a coincidence, (with his hands on his chest) me too.

(They are interrupted)

Christine: Hi, I’m Christine. What are your names?
Craig: Hi, I’m Craig.
Charlie: My name is Charlie.
Peter: I’m Peter. Nice to meet you.
Christine: Are you in class 5D?
Peter: Yes we are, and you?
Christine: Yeah what a coincidence.

(The bell to start the school year rings)

Charlie: Well school starts. See you all later. (waves and goes away)
Christine: So I got to go and see my friends. See you later. (goes away)
Peter: Bye, see you in the classroom, Craig. (goes away)

(Craig stays a bit alone and then he sighs and goes away)



Scene 2:
Talking about a girl

(The boys are in the classroom)

Peter: (whispers with a surprised voice) Have you seen Christine, she is beautiful like an angel.
Craig: Yes, she is nice.
Peter: Where is Charlie?
Craig: He is sitting a few rows behind us. (Points his finger to the rows behind them)
Peter: Ok. Can you see Christine anywhere?
Craig: No, maybe she is still outside.
Peter: Well, let us take care of the teacher.

(The bell rings and Charlie joins them)

Charlie: What were you two talking about?
Peter: About nothing and what were you doing?
Charlie: I was talking with a guy in the classroom and he is really nice. His name is …
Craig (interrupts him): No one wants to know it, so what do you think about Christine?
Some voice: Come on Charlie, I want to show you something
Charlie: So I have to go to see him. See you two after class.

Charlie goes away.

Peter: Yes, see you.
Craig: Bye (and waves with a hand)





Scene 3:
The meeting

(The three friends meet after school)

Craig: Hi, do you want to come to my house? I have many video games.
Charlie: Ok, and you?
Peter: No, let´s go to my place. Ok?
Charlie: You are right. I totally forgot that you are rich.
Craig: Yes, but I have to go home and tell my mom and get some video games. Go without me, I will come later.
Charlie: Ok, see you later.
Peter: Do you know where I am living?
(Craig thinks a bit)
Craig: Ohm no.
Peter: Then I am going to send a limousine to your house.

(Craig goes away and Charlie and Peter go the opposite way)

Charlie: So where do you live?
Peter: Just around the corner.
Charlie: What? And for this short distance you want to send a limousine?
Peter: Um.. yeah… why not?
Charlie: I don’t know maybe because it is expensive.
Peter: No, the limousine belongs to my family so it is not expensive.
Charlie: What, you have got a limousine?
Peter: I have many other things that you do not know about.

(They arrive and go in)

As they are inside a butler comes towards them
Butler: How are you feeling today, sir?
Peter: Fine
Butler: Oh, you brought a friend, my name is Jasper. I am the butler.

Charlie: Oh, my name is Charlie, nice to meet you
Peter: Oh, before I forget it, could you please tell the driver that he must fetch another friend. He lives on Park Street, number eight, his name is Craig Thompson
Butler: I will tell him immediately.
Peter: We are going to go to my room now. I will call if I need you.

(They go away)



Scene 4:
Talking about someone

(Peter is showing Charlie his house when suddenly the doorbell rings)
Charlie: That must be Craig
Peter: Let’s go to the entrance

(Peter and Charlie go to the entrance)

Craig: Whoa, I knew you were rich but this is amazing. When the limousine came, I thought that someone wanted to kidnap me
Peter: Sorry that I didn’t tell you that. So let us go to my room now.
Craig: A moment please, I’ll take the things that I brought and then we can go.

(They walk to a room)

Craig: So what are we going to play first.
Peter: Nothing I want to talk about something with you.
Craig: What?
Charlie: Surely about Christine.
Craig: And?
Peter: Who thinks that Christine is interesting?

(Peter and Craig look at Charlie)

Charlie: Yes, I find that she is nice.
Peter: And you? (looks at Craig)

Craig: Yes, I like her a bit. Why do you want to know it?
Peter: Because I want her to be my girlfriend.
Charlie: And what about us?
Peter: I don’t know.
Craig: But I want her as girlfriend, too!
Charlie: So this is going to be a competition, huh?
Peter: You are right! So we are now rivals.
Craig: What? We are rivals? That’s not good.

(Charlie and Craig go away)




Scene 5 :
Reunion at school


Peter: Hey, what do you want?
Craig: Nothing I forgot my videogames at your home. Could you please give them back to me.

Peter: I’ll tell my butler to bring them back.

(Charlie arrives and then Christine comes and joins Craig and Peter and Charlie turns and goes to them but not directly to the group)

Christine: How are you guys?
Peter: Fine and you?
Christine: Fine, where is Charlie?
Charlie: I am over here

(Goes to the group)


Peter: I have to tell you something
Craig: No, you don’t
Peter: Yes, I have to. Christine, we three like you and want to have you as our girlfriend.
Christine: Whoa, just a moment (yelling)… you do what?
Charlie: (annoying voice) Well done, Peter. Nowshe is going to be the girlfriend of no one of us
Christine: I didn’t say that I don’t like you boys but that is too fast, and I can’t be the girlfriend of the three of you
Craig: We could have a competition to see who is the best and to see who you like the most.
Peter: We could see who has the most money of us.
Charlie: No that is unfair. We could see who is the best at sport.
Craig: That is unfair; too: We could play a video game and see who is the best.

(The boys go on arguing wildly when suddenly Christine yells)

Christine: Stop it! I’ll decide what you are going to do, let me think a day about it and tomorrow I’ll tell you what you’ve got to do. So see you tomorrow.

(Christine goes away. The boys look at each other and then they leave)



Scene 6
The final

Christine: I have decided that you have got to kick a teacher in the butt.
Craig: What? But tha…
Peter and Charlie: Ok

(Craig takes a deep breath and says)

Craig: Ok I will do it too.

(The three goes to a teacher and Christine stays a bit behind them)


Peter (whispering): So are you ready?

( Craig and Charlie nod and then the three kick the teacher and the teacher turns and says)

Teacher : Ouch that hurt, you three come with me to the head teacher

(Peter whispers)

Peter: Yes, we did it!
Charlie: But where is Christine?
Teacher: Come on what are you waiting for?
Craig : There she is (points with his finger to her and she is standing there with another boy)
Peter : So she betrayed us
Craig: Come on let us be friends again and never fight each other again.

(At this time a girl walks past them. The three boys look at the girl then they smile at each other)

Peter: Ah forget that girl. Do you want to come to my house?

(They are leave the stage talking)



The end



Written by: Manuel Luque Serrano,Marcus Bartsch, Timo Zündorf, Marvin Ruprecht
of Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

No comments: