Saturday, January 19, 2008

FRIENDS in İZMİR

FRIENDS in İZMİR

SCENE 1

Somewhere in İzmir at a café’…..

Deniz: Excuse me, do I know you??

Efe: Maybe.

Deniz: Efe, is that you?

Efe: It jolly well is. I say, good fellow.

Asli: Efe? Deniz? Is that you??

Deniz: Asli? Is that you?

Efe: Asli? You look great!

Asli: So do you. And Deniz, my goodness, I hardly recognized you with that moustache!

Efe: Can somebody tell me where Mine is….Because she has to be here also…

Aslı:She was also late for the meetings don’t you remember???

Deniz:Look out!!!There she comes…Wow…

Mine: , everybody..It is so nice to see you all back..

Everybody hugged each other and sat down around a table…

Efe:Well, my friends…Its been such a long time .We haven’t seen each other for ages….

Asli:Yes that’s right..I was so busy with the university and..

Mine:You become a doctor…That’s great…And I am a …..

Efe:A singer or a model??

Mine :Oh come on Efe..I ‘ve changed a lot..I am now a Psychologist…

All:A Psychologist..Good Heavens!!That’s great too…

Aslı:I am proud of you dear friend..

Mine:Thanks Sweety…

Efe and Deniz:They are so kind and loving to each other..Hayırdır inşallah!!!!!

Aslı :Come on Boys we were just little girls then…
(They hugged each other again and the lights went off…)

SCENE 2

Efe:Hey everybody…Do you remember the old times at school?

All:How can we forget??

Mine :Our quarrels…
Aslı:Our games and plays out in the garden…
Deniz:And our dear Teachers….

(This time they all dream about their past at school…And the projector will show the very short film which was recorded to show their schooltime…..)
!!!!!!!These are the conversations that will be played through the projector….

Deniz: Aslı, I really hope our high school years will pass all right.

Efe: Yes, I will be so relieved!

Aslı: Did you hear about the new girl that came from Germany?

Deniz: Oh, no! What is she like?

Efe: Oh yes, I heard about her. She is an angel.

Aslı: Not an angel, a devil is more like it. Oh! Look at the time; I must go.

Efe: Bye.

Deniz: Bye.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deniz: Hi! You must be the new girl from Germany. What’s your name?

Mine: Mine.

Mine: Efe, you’re my only friend. Can you keep a secret?

Efe: Well, I think so…

Mine: I am in love with Deniz.

Efe: I knew there was something going on. Oh, look at the time. I must go. See you.

Mine: Bye.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine: Deniz, I’m so sorry.

Deniz: You should have thought of that before you lied to me.

Mine:But really I got that I broke both yours and Aslı’s heart…

Aslı:Come on Deniz we are friends….

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deniz: Asli, I am so sorry I haven’t realized the truth about my feelings for you.

Asli: Well, it’s too late.

Deniz: Asli, let’s stop fighting. It’s nonsense to argue this way.

Asli: Actually, I was starting to get bored.

Efe: Oh my God, I did it! Finally we are still friends…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AslıLVery sadly,:This is the right time to go now…Goodbye everybody…

Deniz:But why this happen?

Aslı:You know Deniz..My dad found a better job in İstanbul…

Mine:Please call us ok?!

Efe:She is not going to Mars or elsewhere –just to İstanbul…Come on
(They all started to cry….)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deniz: Everything was going so well, and then this happens. I can’t live like this, I’m going to İstanbul.

Efe: You’re joking, right? It’s nonsense! You’ll never find her.

Deniz: Maybe that’s true, but I have to try.


All:OHHH,That was really nice to think and remember…
Aslı:Ok.Now , What are drinking?I’d like …..
The lights went off…..

SCENE 3

(Laughing and chatting…)

Efe (Laughing loudly…):Yeah yhat wa$ really funny ..
Aslı:Exactly…I can’t believe that you did that way.
(During their talking and having fun Deniz seems to be unhappy and bored.Mine caught this from his behaviours.Deniz rushed out of the room ……)
Mine:There is something wrong with him…Are you also aware of that?
Aslı:I think so , He didn’t say a word…
Efe:Maybe he is bored or..
Mine :I don’t think so…
(Deniz turns back and everybody stopped talking…)
Mine:Let’s drink somethings .What would you like to drink?
Efe:Coke..
Aslı:Coke for me too…
Deniz:I need something strong like whisky or no no beer…
All:Whisky or beer?You used to dislike alcohol .
Deniz:That was a long time ago..Now I have to drink to forget about my problems even myself..
Mine:Don’t be silly..You can not solve your problems by drinking..
Aslı:I agree with you. And.
Deniz:Why not? Why not?(shouts angrily..)
Efe:Ok man cool down a bit first.Girls love you so much that’s all…
Deniz:Sorry girls..
Girls:That’s ok..
Deniz:I don’t want to spoil your day..
ALL:Denizzzzzzzzz!Tell us…!!!!
Aslı:That’s what friends are for..
Deniz:You are all somebody;a doctor , a psychologist , and a great basketballer…But look at me I am only nothing…I am Nothing.
Mine:Don’t say like that ..I feel very sorry ..
Efe:Hey hey slow down man.You are our friends
Aslı:Doesn’t mean anything to you .And you used to write stories.What happened to that ?
Deniz:Oh Stories stories I am the most famous writer ha?
(Starts laughing..)
EfE:Stop it .We’ll find a way..
Deniz:Anyway anyway…Let’s listen to some music and dance….
(They were all shocked and felt very sorry for Deniz.)

SCENE 4
(Deniz has gone out for some fresh air…with Efe.)
Aslı:We have to do something Mine.
Mine :But how and what????
Aslı:First we have to persuade him to send the drafts to a book agency.Then;the only thing we could do is wish him luck..
Mine :No,Aslı…Not just wish..It is so important for him to make a start to ..
ALL:Life…
(The bell rings and the boys come…)
Girls:Hey we have an idea..
Deniz:Im not a talented at anything-- not a big problem -never mind.
All:What????
Efe:If this is not a big problem then what is.
Deniz:you guys never mind ı dont want to bother you with your perfect lives.
Mine:You are not good saying that.
Deniz:But what do you want me to do?Shall I just say yes?
Aslı:Maybe…But you may start first to believe in yourself…
Efe:Girls are right my friend..
Deniz:Do you think that I didn’t try to????But I have no job,no enough Money,no girlfriend nothing
Efe:But you are stil living and it means that you stil have a chance…
(Deniz kept silent for a while and his friends come together and talk very silently…………..)

Aslı:We should help him..
Mine:We know we know…I have got an idea…

(She whispers the ideas to the friends…They come together and start preparing…)

Efe:Are you ready ?
Deniz:For what?
Efe:Are you ready???
Deniz:For w..

Girls come in to the room with a very big writing on their hands .
SOMETIMES STARS LOSE THEIR LIGHT BUT WHEN THEY SEE THE SUN THEY SHINE AGAIN ..WE LOVE YOU…
Deniz starts to cry and hug his friends tightly…
Mine:Now where is the draft of your story?
Deniz:At home…
Aslı:Then we are going home to take them..
Efe:To the book agency..

Deniz:YOU ARE MY BEST FRIENDS ..Nothıng will change that...
The music starts.

Written by the students of Özel Izmir Bilge Ata Okullari-Turkey

No comments: