Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holiday camp

Holiday camp


Characters: Glena, Margo, Janine, Joshua, Pedro

It is the holiday season in L.A. Glen, Margo, Janine and Joshua are in a holiday camp. Pedro is the person in charge of the camp.


Scene1:

Pedro: Glen, come to me please.
Glen: What’s up Pedro?
Pedro: Wash the dishes, please!
Glen: Pedro we have been here for an hour.
Pedro: I know. But wash the dishes, please.
Glen: Margo, darling come here.
Margo: Okay. What´s going on?
Glen: Can you help me with the dishes, please?
Margo: Oh, yes I can.
Glen: But why do we have to wash the dishes if we haven’t cooked anything yet?
Pedro: Because we couldn’t wash the dishes before.


Scene2:

Janine is sobbing.

Joshua: What’s wrong Janine?
Janine: I haven’t got any friends!!!
Joshua: And I haven’t got any friends at home.
Janine: Oh, is it true?
Joshua: Yes, it is.
Janine: Joshua, have you got a girlfriend?
Joshua: Well.…

Pedro enters the tent.

Pedro: Hey, you two, can you cook a meal after the others have washed the dishes, please?
Joshua: Ok, Pedro.




Scene 3:



Pedro: Janine, what’s happened?
Janine: Oh, it’s nothing.
Pedro: You can tell me if you want to do. If not, all right.
Janine: I haven’t got friends any here. That’s my problem.
Pedro: Oh, maybe I can help you to find friends.
Janine: Oh, really? That would be really nice, Pedro!
Pedro: No problem.

Joshua comes in.

Joshua: Janine, I have heard it all. I want to be your friend. OK?
Janine: Oh, thank you.
Pedro: OK, everything is all right, isn´t it?
Janine: Yes, it is.
Joshua: Ok, let’s cook a meal.


Scene4:

After the meal. Janine walks around looking happy. At the same time Joshua and Margo are in front of the tent.


Joshua: Hm, this night is very nice and quiet, isn’t it Margo?
Margo: Oh, yes it is, Joshua.
Joshua: This night is so nice, it shouldn’t end.
Margo: Well, I like the sun more than the moon.

Margo smiles. Then Glen appears.

Glen: Hey Margo, it’s very cold, isn’t it? Let´s go into the tent before we catch cold.
Margo: I think that’s right. Good night, Joshua.
Joshua: (hesitantly) Good night Margo.





Scene 5:

The next morning. After breakfast Janine and Joshua go back to their tent. Margo and Glen are standing in front of it.

Glen: Margo.
Margo: Yes, what’s wrong?
Glen: Margo, I don’t like to see you with Joshua.
Margo: But we just talk when…
Glen: Margo, I just want the best for us. You know.
Margo (sighs) Glen, I will do what you say.

Then Joshua comes.

Joshua: Margo, have you got some time to talk?
Glen: We are sorry but we haven’t got any time, have we, Margo?
Margo: Oh, we really haven’t got any time and we must go now.

Pedro comes into the tent.

Pedro: And Janine, how do you like Joshua?
Janine: Oh, he is very friendly. We often talk to each other.
Pedro: OK I must go now, because I have to plan something. It’s a secret.
Janine: Ok Pedro, see you soon.

Pedro leaves the tent. He goes back into his tent.



Scene 6:

Pedro speaks to the children.

Pedro: Ok, today we want to hear what you think about our camp. Have you a got question? A wish? Or something else?
Glen: Yes, I have a question. We just stay into our tents. Will there be any activities?
Pedro: I have planned a trip, but real activities, no.
Joshua: Can you tell us about the trip, please?
Pedro: I am sorry, but no.
Joshua: Why not?
Pedro: I can’t tell you that. Go back to your tents now.


Margo and Glen are very quiet. Then Janine wants to speak with the two.


Janine: Why are you two so quiet? Have you a problem? Can I help?
Glen: Shut up!
Joshua: Hey, Janine just wanted to help you!
Glen: Leave us alone! We want to stay alone!
Joshua: Shut up, or, or …
Glen: Or what?
Joshua: Then you will feel my fist in your face!

Pedro appears.

Pedro: Don’t fight you two! Haven’t you two got any discipline? Maybe you two should go to bed earlier then the others! Go to bed now!

Pedro leaves the tent. Margo and Janine go to bed.

Margo: Let us be friends, ok?
Janine: Yes, ok. It was just a fight about the boys.
Glen: Hey, what is that supposed to mean?
Margo: Who fought? Us or you two?
Glen: Sorry, but I don’t care. I want to know what you meant!
Margo: I mean that you two should go to bed.
Joshua: I think that’s the best thing we can do.
Margo: Ok, good night.
Janine: Good night.


Scene7:


The next morning. Margo and Janine leave the tent. Glen and Joshua are now alone in the tent.

Glen: I know what Margo meant yesterday. She meant that it was just your fault. You must say Joshua, I am very clever, don´t you think so?
Joshua: You know that’s not true Glen! You shouted, not me!
Glen: Be quiet! What you are saying is as stupid as you are!
Joshua: Ah, shut up you silly thing! You can just fight, can’t you?
Glen: No, but you can just fight, can’t you? Well, I won’t speak with a guy who is as silly as, as … as you!

Then Pedro comes in.

Pedro: How often must I say it? You shouldn’t fight!
Joshua: I thought we are friends Glen, but it was wrong to think that. I won’t speak a word with you again, Glen!
Glen: Nice, I will do the same…
Pedro: That’s enough!
Joshua: I understand you, Pedro. I´m going.


Joshua leaves the tent.


Pedro: And you, Glen, tell me what happened!
Glen: Ah, he said that I am silly, but he is just jealous that I am more intelligent than he is!
Pedro: And that’s all?
Glen: Yes, it is.
Pedro: Ok.

Pedro leaves the tent.


Scene 8:




Joshua walks up to Janine and Margo. He wants to talk to them.

Joshua: Hi Janine, hi Margo.
Janine: Hi Josh, what’s wrong?
Joshua: Oh, it’s all right.
Margo: And what’s with the noise from the tent?
Joshua: Oh, that was nothing. But how are you two? Are you fine?
Margo: Yes, everything´s cool. But what was going on in the tent?

Glen hears the conversation. He is getting angry. Glen goes to the others.

Glen: Hey, what are you saying, Joshua?
Joshua: I said I won’t speak a word with you. What do you want?
Glen: Leave Margo alone!
Joshua: Hey, what …

Then Glen pushes Joshua. Joshua falls. He doesn´t say a word.

Janine: Pedro! Please come!




Scene 9:

Pedro comes. He looks at Joshua, then at Glen.

Pedro: What happened?
Glen: Pedro, I …
Pedro: Leave us alone. Go!

Glen goes back to his tent.


Pedro: Joshua, are you all right? Can you hear me?

Joshua groans.

Joshua: Ah, yes, I´m okay.
Pedro: I think the best thing for you is to go to my tent.
Joshua: Ok Pedro.

Pedro and Joshua go to Pedro’s tent. Janine and Margo go to Glen because they want to know why he has done that.

Janine: Why did you do that?
Glen: You two must understand me. I don’t want to lose Margo!
Margo: You already have. I don’t want to be with someone who is as evil as you are!
Glen: But Margo, I…
Margo: Not but, it’s over.

Margo leaves the tent. Glen is very sad.

Janine: Glen, I can understand you, but what now?
Glen: I don’t know what I should do. Leave me alone, please.

Janine leaves the tent.






Scene 10:

Now Glen is alone. He thinks what he should do.

Glen: That’s all Margo’s fault! Without her Joshua and I would be friends. But could it be my fault, too? I would get along with Joshua, but I … No, no and no! It can´t stay like is. I don´t want to get along with Joshua, but… enough! I want to stay away from then until the time is good for… I don’t know for what!






Scene 11:

In the afternoon Pedro speaks to the others. It’s about the “trip”.

Pedro: Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow we will go on a trip. I just want to remind you because I was sure that you would forget it. Now go back to your tents!
Glen, Margo, and Janine go back to their tents. No one says a word. Then Joshua comes in.
Janine: Joshua, are you fine?
Joshua: Yes, I am fine. And what about you?
Janine: It’s all right, isn´t it, Margo?
Margo: Yes, it is.
Janine: Well, has Pedro told you about the trip?
Joshua: No, he hasn’t. What did he say?
Margo: He said that the trip was tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Joshua: Thank you.


Suddenly Pedro shouts.


Pedro: Joshua, Margo, can you two come to me, please?

Margo and Joshua leave the tent.

Glen: Hey, Janine, I need your help.

Janine: What’s wrong, Glen?
Glen: I don’t know what I should do. Should I make peace with Joshua?
Janine: Well, I think you should.
Glen: I will make peace with him when it’s the right time.
Janine: I think that’s a good idea…

Margo and Glen come in.

Margo: Pedro says that the trip will be tomorrow evening. Isn’t that great?
Janine: Yes, it is a good change.
Joshua: I think the best thing I can do now is to sleep. Good night everyone.
Margo: I think for me it’s the best, too. Good night Janine, good night Joshua.
Janine: Good night.



Scene12:


Janine and Glen leave the tent.


Glen: Now I am not sure.
Janine: Damn, but I think it’s the best time for it.
Glen: Ok, but how can I reconcile with Margo? I don´t want her as an enemy.
Janine: I could speak with Margo if you want.
Glen: You would do that for me? Thank you very much Janine! I don’t know what to say!
Janine: It’s okay Glen. I will do that in the morning. Good night, Glen!
Glen: Good night, Janine!



Glen and Janine go into the tent


Scene13:


The next morning Janine wakes up Margo earlier than usual.

Janine: Hey Margo!
Margo: (yawning). What’s going on, Janine?
Janine: I must talk to you, Margo.

They both leave the tent.


Margo: Ok, what do you want to tell me?
Janine: I want to ask you what Glen must do to get back together with you.
Margo: I think if he and Joshua were friends again, I would take him back! Tell him that.

They go back to the tent.


Scene 14

Joshua leaves the tent. But suddenly he falls. He can’t move.. He can´t shout. Glen is near him. He sees what happened. He helps Joshua and he brings him to Pedro’s tent.



Scene 15

When Joshua regains consciousness, no one is in the tent. He feels better than before. When he leaves the tent he sees Glen.

Glen: Well rested?
Joshua: Oh, Glen, did you help me?
Glen: I just did my duty. And I have a question.
Joshua: What is it?
Glen: Would you be my friend again and for ever? Like in old times?
Joshua: Oh yes, I would!

Janine and Margo come.


Margo: Pedro told us what you have done. Will we be best friends for ever like before the fight?
Joshua: Yes, we will!
Janine: Now everything is okay!

Pedro comes.


Pedro: Yes it is. And now it’s a happy …

…end.



Written by Manuel Luque Serrano,Marcus Bartsch, Timo Zündorf, Marvin Ruprecht and Marvin Czichy.
of Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

No comments: