Monday, February 18, 2008

SPARKLING STARS *

SPARKLING STARS *

Characters:

Chila : The girl who joins the group ( Jenny )
Darin : The boy who loves Chila and he is Honey´s best friend ( Timo )
Violette: A shy girl that does everything the others want ( Ekaterini )
Honey: The group leader and a very mad girl ( Gamze )
Justin: Violette´s younger brother ( Agon )



SCENE 1

The whole group is sitting in their club house and is drinking cola.

VIOLETTE: Have you heard the new song by Alicia Keys ?

HONEY: Yes it´s good but I like Justin Timberlake´s new video. He dances so sexily.

JUSTIN: She listens to the song the whole day. I can´t stand it any more. No onee, no oneee, no oneeeeee.

VIOLETTE: Shut up!!! I don't sing like that!!!!

HONEY: Are you sure ?

VIOLETTE: Well,... Oh, leave me alone...

She looks ashamed.

VIOLETTE: Well, here is your next birthday present: My brother!!! You will like him.... but I don't!!

She laughs and Darin comes in.

JUSTIN: Hey Darin, finally you are here.

DARIN: Hey hey I want to tell you something.

HONEY: Go ahead.

DARIN: I think I´ve fallen in love.

HONEY: What... YOU have fallen in love ? She laughs.

VIOLETTE: Oh, come on, Honey!!! What is so funny about it??? I think it's nice.

DARIN: Her name is Chila. She is so lovely.

VIOLETTE: Who is Chila?? The girl from our school?

DARIN: Yes!! Do you know her well??

VIOLETTE: Not really!! But she is very popular in the whole school!!

HONEY: Very popular in our school... so what.

JUSTIN: She could join our group.

VIOLETTE: Honey ?

HONEY: It doesn´t matter to me.

DARIN: Cool, I know you would understand me..

The lights go out.


SCENE 2

Chila and Darin are on their way to the club house.

DARIN: Come with me and I´ll show you my friends.

CHILA: What a nice idea. I´m so nervous.

HONEY: Ok. They are coming.

VIOLETTE: Ohh, they are so sweet.

Honey looks at her angrily.

DARIN: Hey guys. This is Chila and Chila, this is my group.

CHILA: Hiii Ladies...

Justin stands up and drops back onto his chair.

VIOLETTE: Justin....?????

Honey and Violette stand up and shake Chila´s hand

VIOLETTE: Hi. I am Violette. Nice to meet you.

CHILA: Hi. Thanks, me too.

HONEY: Hey. I am Honey.

DARIN: Sit down please, darling.

HONEY: Darling ?

JUSTIN: (Flirtily) Hi. I am Justin.

DARIN: Justin, don’t play the innocent!!!! She is my girl!!!!

Honey takes Violette away from the others.

HONEY: Could you come with me, Violette.

VIOLETTE: What is it??

HONEY: Why are you so nice to her??? Can´t you see that she is taking Darin away from us.

VIOLETTE: But I don't want Darin to leave the group!!!

HONEY: That's why we should do something.

VIOLETTE: And what??

HONEY: Just listen...

The lights go out.




SCENE 3

Violette and Honey come in and sit next to the others. Darin hugs Chila.

CHILA: Girls , how old are you ?

VIOLETTE: I am 15 and you ?

CHILA: Me too. And you Honey ?

HONEY: I am 16 years old.

CHILA : Oh, good good... and you Justin ?

JUSTIN: I am 14.

CHILA: Oh, your so sweet.

JUSTIN: I know..

DARIN: Did you like your pizza in the restaurant?

CHILA: Oh, yes. Thank you . It was so delicious.

HONEY: You ate a pizza?

CHILA: Yes, it was so good.

VIOLETTE: Oh, cool. I hope you had fun.

HONEY: Interesting.

VIOLETTE : Ehm, Honey. Tell us about your day.

HONEY: I can´t tell you anything about my day because I was with you all day. Remember? But, you know, my day was super. We have got a new member in our club. Could anything better happen to us?

Chila smiles and she looks at Honey perplexedly.

DARIN: Chila, it´s late now. You should go home. I don´t want your parents to shout at you because of me. Ok? We can meet tomorrow, if you want!

CHILA: What a question, of course, I want to meet you.

JUSTIN.: Guys, it´s Friday evening and this means.... IT`S CINEMA TIME.

DARIN: Ok, come on, I´ll take you home.

VIOLETTE: But you heard what Justin said.

HONEY: Forget it. We´ll go home now. Darin doesn´t want to come with us.


SCENE 4

Honey is sitting in the club house. Violette comes in.

VIOLETTE: Oh my goodness. What happened??

HONEY: I must think of Chila the whole time.

VIOLETTE: Why??

HONEY: I don't know. I don't like her!!! She is so stupid and is taking Darin away from us!!!

VIOLETTE: I think that she isn't what YOU think.

HONEY: You don't know anything!!!!

VIOLETTE: And what do you want to do??

HONEY: Not me!!! Us two!!!

VIOLETTE: Ok, and what is it??

HONEY: We will meet Chila and try to make her feel bad in our group!!!

VIOLETTE:Oh!!! A veeeeeeery nice idea!!! Are you kidding me??

HONEY: Have you got a better idea???

VIOLETTE: Yeah, we won't do anything!!

HONEY: Oh yes. We will.

VIOLETTE: And what exactly ?

HONEY: Tomorrow, we will invite her and give a very funny day. And the rest, you already know.

VIOLETTE: Are you too stupid to understand me ?

HONEY: What ? Repeat what you have just said!!!

VIOLETTE: I said “Are you too stupid to understand me ?” Your idea is the worst idea you have ever had.

HONEY: You could have more respect for me. So don´t say a word.

VIOLETTE: But...

HONEY: Shut up !!!!

Violette stands up and goes to the door but then...

VIOLETTE: Honey... Ok, let´s do it. You´re right.

HONEY: Good, very good...

Violette walks out slowly while thinking out loud... The music plays.


VIOLETTE: How can she be a such mean person!!!
If I could stop her. I would!!! But she is my best friend....




SCENE 5

Violette and Justin are sitting in the club house. They are drawing pictures together.

VIOLETTE: Justin, what´s going on with you. You are drawing like a girl!!!

JUSTIN: I'm a boy!!! But I wanted to draw a picture for Chila, and she likes flowers and the sun…

VIOLETTE: Uuuh, you're such a nice guy!!!

JUSTIN: Thanks, I know.

Darin and Chila come in. Violette stands up and walks towards them.

VIOLETTE: I wanted to call you!!! I have to tell you something!!!

DARIN: What's the matter??

VIOLETTE: It's about ...

DARIN: Honey?

JUSTIN: Has someone got a green pencil?

Nobody reacts.

VIOLETTE: Yes...She...

CHILA: She is against this friendship, isn't she??

VIOLETTE: She wants to....

CHILA: Do something!!!

VIOLETTE: Why do I have to tell you something that you already know!!!

DARIN: I don't know but we have to do something!

JUSTIN: Has someone got a red pencil?

Nobody reacts.

DARIN: Ok, let´s start again!!!

Honey comes in. Violette walks towards Honey.

VIOLETTE: Hello, Honey.

HONEY: Hello, are we all here?

DARIN: Oh, you were invited, I should go now!

HONEY: Oh, you didn´t say "hello"?

JUSTIN: Has somebody got a blue pencil?

ALL TOGETHER: NO!!!

JUSTIN: Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you!!

HONEY: Okay, we got it! Be quiet now!!! Okay.. Darin back to my question. You didn´t say hello?

DARIN: No, I didn´t.

CHILA: Darin, don´t speak to her like this.

DARIN: Bye, bye.

He goes out and comes in again.

DARIN: Justin, come with me if you want.

JUSTIN: Ok, wait.

He goes to Chila and gives her the picture that he has drawn..

JUSTIN: Chila, it´s for you.

Chila opens the paper and is happy.

CHILA: Oh, thank you, sweety. It`s so cute.

JUSTIN: I know. The picture is for the most beautiful girl in world.

CHILA: Thank you again.

HONEY: Justin... Go. Darin called.

JUSTIN: Okay, okay… I´m going.

Violette, Chila and Honey sit down together.

VIOLETTE: Okay, what can we do?

HONEY: A good question.

CHILA: I don´t know.

HONEY: You never know.

VIOLETTE: Honey...

Chila looks up at Honey.

HONEY: What??

VIOLETTE: Let´s play a round of Chinese whispers.

HONEY: With only three players?

VIOLETTE: Why not ?

CHILA: Ok, let´s start.

They begin to play. When Chila says the solution Violette laughs

CHILA: Greece hot pants????

VIOLETTE: No, green hot pants.

Chila and Violette laugh

HONEY: Are you too dumb to understand me ?

CHILA: But you told me so. It´s only a game.

HONEY: So you want to tell me that it´s my fault.

CHILA: That`s not what I said.

VIOLETTE: Hey, girls. Stop now.

CHILA: Have you got a problem with me??

HONEY: Oh yes. You want to take Darin away from us.

CHILA: Well,...he likes me more than you.

VIOLETTE: Heyy, heyyy STOP NOWW.

Honey picks up a candle.

HONEY: Go away or I´ll throw this in your face.

Violette stands up and tries to stop Honey.

CHILA: No problem.... I´ll go....BYE!!

HONEY: Never come back again!!!!

VIOLETTE: I can`t believe that....

Honey laughs loudly....

Chila sits on the pavement and music begins to play.





SCENE 6

Honey´s phone rings

HONEY: Hello?

DARIN: Honey. What have you done with Chila?

HONEY: Nothing. Should I have done something ?

DARIN: You know it´s your fault.

HONEY: No, it isn't!!! I was nice to her!!

DARIN: Honey!!! You are lying!! Chila told me that you were so angry with her because of a damn game!!

HONEY: If she is too stupid to play a game, then it's her fault!!!

DARIN: Don't call her stupid!! You are behaving like a child!!

HONEY: I'm a child?? I only tried to show her that you're also our friend, not only hers!!

DARIN: Do you really want to say that this was the right way???

HONEY: She didn´t understand me when I tried to speak to her!!!

DARIN: Chila!!!!

HONEY: What?! Now you call me Chila?! It can't be true!!!

Honey hangs up. The phone rings again and again, but she doesn´t pick it up. A few seconds later, she takes the phone and throws it away. Music begins to play.



SCENE 7

Darin, Chila, Justin and Violette are sitting in the club house.

VIOLETTE: We should talk with Honey. I will write her a short message.

JUSTIN: Okay do it.

DARIN: I think she is making a mistake. She must know that I wouldn´t leave because of Chila.

CHILA: Yes, you´re right.

VIOLETTE: She must learn to accept new friendships.

JUSTIN: But we should understand her too. Darin and Honey were best friends and suddenly there is a new girl and Darin likes her as much as Honey.

VIOLETTE: But Darin is also my best friend and it doesn´t matter to me.

Honey comes in.

HONEY: You wanted to talk with me?

DARIN: Yes, we think it was not right the way you behaved.

HONEY: What? Do you want to say that I´m a child. Maybe! But I´ve only done these things because of our friendship.

DARIN: That might be right but you were too mean to her. She has always been friendly to you.

HONEY:... Well, you might be right... What!!! What am I saying!!! She isn't nice!!! She wanted to take him away from us, do you remember??

VIOLETTE: Honey!!! Stop thinking so selfishly!!! She didn't say nasty things like you did, she never shouted at you and you tried to make her feel down!!!

HONEY: Now, you are against me too???

VOILETTE: I'm only on the right side and it's not your side...

HONEY: See, we all argue because of this girl!!

DARIN: We only argue because you are jealous.

CHILA: Stop!!! I was quiet all the time!!! But now it's enough!!! I don't want to be the reason why we argue!!! And I know that I'm not the reason!!!
Honey?? Am I really as mean as you say???

HONEY: Yes, you are!!! I hate you!!! I don't ever want to see you again!!! It´s all your fault!!!

Chila wants to run away. Darin stands up and takes her hand.

DARIN: If you go, you are not going alone!!

JUSTIN: Wow, that is a real love story!!! That's right Darin!!! Go with her!!

VIOLETTE: Justin, stay out of it!

JUSTIN: No, I won´t. You're such a bad sister!!!

CHILA: Please stop now!!

DARIN: Come on, babe !! Let's go!!! Honey doesn´t want to understand us!!!

HONEY: But, but....


The lights go out.



SCENE 8

They are all sitting together in the club house and are quiet.

JUSTIN: Do you know the joke with the two dogs?

Nobody reacts..

JUSTIN: Ohhh guys. It´s Friday. Our day.

VIOLETTE: Justin? Be quiet please.

JUSTIN: Okay, okay.

HONEY: Chila, Darin? Thank you for coming. I made a mistake.

DARIN: You´re right. A big mistake.

HONEY: Listen. Well, I don´t have any problem with you, Chila. I was jealous. I couldn´t see you two spending so much time together. Suddenly, Darin wasn´t here every day. It hurt so much.

VIOLETTE: But Honey, I felt like you but he wasn´t lost to us forever.

HONEY: Yes, I know. You were right. Chila, is it too late to apologize??

CHILA: No.. It´s the right moment.

HONEY: I am sorry. You aren´t stupid and I really liked you but I wanted you to stay away from Darin..

CHILA: I like you, too.

Honey stands up and goes to Chila and hugs her.

VIOLETTE: HAAAAAALELUJJJJAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! EVERYTHING IS OKAY!!!

The music starts ( "oh happy day" )



SCENE 9

Violette and Chila begin to sing ( Big girls don´t cry ).

Honey and Justin start to dance and Darin is sitting on the couch and is turning red.

DARIN: Okay guys. STOP NOW.

EVERYBODY IS QUIET

DARIN: OKAY OKAYY....

Chila and Violette sing again and Honey walks up to Darin.

HONEY: And....what about Chila now? Is everything okay?

Darin: Well,.... we are only good friends but you´re my best friend...

Honey hugs him....

THE MUSIC STARTS

HONEY: Do you hear the music???

DARIN: Oh no!!!

HONEY: Oh yes!!!

Honey takes him by the hand and everybody starts to dance and sing ....
WRITTEN BY THE STUDENTS OF Städtische Realschule Kastanienallee Velbert-Germany

1 comment:

Samanta said...

great performance :)